photo monica-insta_zps941df9a3.jpg      photo monica-twitter_zpsdcc62d78.jpg      photo monica-youtube_zps3ec71a3e.jpg      photo monica-fb_zps9f7f8d92.jpg      photo monica-pinterest_zpseab17bd1.jpg      photo monica-contact_zpse57472e8.jpg

Thursday, October 3, 2013

How much cardio should you do?

Okay so as some of you know I got a really bad cold this past weekend.  Well it really got me to thinking... have I been pushing my body too hard?

So I started doing some research... I have found that when trying to build muscle most people recommend cardio only 2-3 times per week!  Yikes... I guess my 5 double days of cardio and weightlifting were too much. 




Why do they recommend only 2-3 days a week... well when you build muscle you burn fat which is the point of lifting the heavy weights.  However, when you add in extra cardio you are using your body's energy that could be better spent on repairing those muscles!  So if you're going to do both weights and cardio you really need to keep your calorie intake high enough to power your body to do both.  I know I wasn't getting the recommended calories.  Which for me is around 1800 per day...which again is a scary number.  Women as dieters don't like to eat that many calories. 



 Why is the gym divided?  I strongly dislike the gym... for one main reason... it's intimidating!  I love working out the comfort of my own home.  Where I don't have to conquer going to the weight rack as the lone female.  Have you noticed the gym divide?  Where women stick to the ellipticals and treadmills while the fellas tear it up with the weights.  Well time to ditch that old school thought.  Take the Body Beast challenge and see what muscle can really do for women.

No comments:

Post a Comment